Marketing Specialist, Intern
Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Digital Media is offering a rare paid internship position on its Marketing Team (we would say world-class Marketing Team, but we’re far too humble for that). For those that are just getting their feet wet in the marketing world, this internship will provide you with some amazing hands-on experience that will give you an upper hand on your former classmates. You can finally outshine that one annoying guy that always was raising his hand in your digital marketing class.
This is a chance to work with and learn from some pretty savvy marketing folks that not only know their stuff, but are also good humans that are fun to be around (in a virtual way). You’ll learn how to use a variety of martech platforms, work with the Design Team that produces mind-blowing creative, and dive into one of the most critical parts of marketing; analytics & reporting. As the Marketing Intern you will work directly with one of our elite Sr. Marketing Managers in developing and executing mind-blowing marketing strategies that will cause our competitors to lose sleep at night.
Now you may not have heard of Deseret Digital Media (DDM) before so let us take a moment and introduce ourselves. DDM has been around since 2010 and runs some of the most prolific websites and apps in the Intermountain West including KSL.com, KSL Classifieds, SeniorLeaf.com, and Utah.com. We are located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City in the Triad center, although we are all working remotely since that virus-thing reared its ugly head. The Marketing and Creative Design departments at DDM function similar to a high-class ad agency, but without all the ridiculous hours and big egos. If you are starting to get giddy with excitement about this opportunity, please read on.
Here’s some of the things we’re gonna have you do:
- Execute the day-to-day social media activities including identifying imagery, scheduling posts and pulling reports on the various social media platforms
- Work with designers and copywriters to develop dynamic billboard creative that will run in multiple markets
- Dive into Google Analytics and pull the data that will be used to track and optimize the marketing strategy and campaigns
- Manage the Google Adwords campaigns including optimization of ad copy, development of new ad groups and report on performance
- Work with the Sr. Marketing Manager to develop creative briefs for additional marketing campaigns
- Help pull together the monthly reports on all marketing activities
- Regularly pay the Sr. Director of Marketing a lot of compliments (He’s a pretty needy guy)
Some of the Things We Look For in the Perfect Candidate
- Preferred that you have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or communications or equivalent experience (whatever that means)
- A bit of previous experience in marketing - You’ll learn a lot more in this role, but it would help to have someone that already knows some of the nuts and bolts of how marketing works, especially in the digital universe.
- Spock-like analytic skills (sans the death grip) – We need someone who is not afraid of numbers or basic math
- A creative mind - You are not expected to be just an errand boy/girl. We want someone who can contribute to the creative process and is not afraid to express their ideas.
- And probably most important, you must be a good human – Basically, we are looking for someone who treats others with respect, is a good listener, likes to laugh and has the humility to learn.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.