Design & Branding Summer Intern
Design & Branding Intern
This creative, problem-solving individual will offer visual communication solutions for a range of strategic projects undertaken by the Office of Communications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Creative design and overall creative concepts; image curation, creation, and selection; and production for the execution of projects.
Interns should be receptive to feedback provided by the design team and report to fellow Designers and the Creative Director.
The design and branding intern will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams that include writers and editors, videographers, web designers and developers, project managers, and others.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
• Generate ideas for creative concepts and participate in critiques.
• Assist with administrative tasks, such as photo tagging, stock photo selection and editing, etc.
• Assist social media team with content creation.
• Design concepts for a wide range of visual materials. Examples include logos, signage, annual reports, ads, publications, branded collateral, direct mail pieces, and event promotions.
• Preparing design files for press.
• Work on multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines and following schedules.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
• High school diploma/GED and 6 months of experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
• Currently pursuing a degree, minor, concentration or program in design.
• Link to a portfolio of recent work must be submitted with application.
• Excellent communication skills-verbal, written, and presentational
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to work independently and in groups.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and emerging technologies.
Photo, illustration, and/or motion experience a plus.
Classified Title: Office Assistant
Working Title: Design & Branding Intern
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: $13.36 - $16.41 per hour
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 45-MD:JH at Keswick
Department name: 60002576-University Communications
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2257875
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.