Dental Patient Services Coordinator
Under the direction of the Dentistry Administrative Supervisor, the Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for providing exemplary customer service, patient registration & documentation, appointment scheduling, managing patient flow, collection of daily cash, and opening and closing the receptionist station daily. The schedule for this position includes 8-hour shifts between 9 am and 7 pm on weekdays as well as Saturdays (8-1), as needed.
1. Provide excellent customer service
- Greet each client with a smile and welcoming, professional manner
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintains detailed and accurate records
- At all times maintain patient confidentiality, speak in quiet tones at the desk with colleagues and clients and behave appropriately for a highly visible position response to inquiries)
- Be discrete when obtaining sensitive information from clients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
2. Accurately perform registration process for new and existing patients
- Accurately register and enter new patient demographic data and insurance information in system
- Verify existing patients’ demographic data and insurance information at each visit accurately record and enter any changes received
- Check Eligibility with insurance and calculate accurate co-pays
- Collect co-payments and agreed fees at check in
3. Schedule appointments according to the patient’s needs and provider availability
4. Collection of daily cash and audit procedures
- Collect client payments and record in a timely and accurate manner
- Verify all transactions at the end of the day and report all discrepancies
- Run daily reports in a timely manner and according to written guidelines
5. Meets agency participatory expectation
6. Performs other related job duties as required
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of business procedures including cash handling experience desired
- Excellent computer skills, including Dentrix and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work with a diverse patient population
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Availability on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings until 7 pm.
- Availability on Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.