Financial Operations Intern [2022 Internship Program]
Financial Operations is responsible for several operational finance functions. This includes the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of customer invoices for DTC, NSCC, Deriv/SERV, FICC, DTCC Solutions and various other products and services, payment of vendor invoices including allocation of tax, VAT/GST, application and management and collection of customer payments, travel and expense reimbursement, and vendor onboarding. The team supports audit and risk initiatives by providing process overviews, supporting documentation and recommendations for improvement. Finally, Subject Matter Expert (SME) support is provided for finance related projects.
The Intern role is responsible for the execution of several Financial Operations related tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, managing customer and vendor inquiries, processing customer and vendor transactions, adhering to policies and procedures, collaborating well with all other areas of the business to ensure service needs are being met. Working on ad hoc projects and tasks as provided by management.
Are you a good fit for our team? Do you enjoy working in collaborative teams using your strong communication and technical skills? Do you enjoy digging deep into financial systems to uncover trends and determine if entries are accurate and complete? Do you work hard to be the best at what you do, and while you are generally well-rounded, do you also have an affinity for financials, math? If you are eager to step into ambiguous areas and help provide solutions while convincing others to follow your lead, then this is the place for you!
- Candidates must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in the following curriculums: Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Proven problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Complete daily processing of transactions accurately and timely
- Ensures clients inquiries are monitored and resolved timely in accordance with SLAs
- Works closely with Financial Reporting, Treasury and Corporate Procurement Services to ensure success of end-to-end process
- Ensures the highest level of customer service is provided to both internal and external clients
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures within the department
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Candidates must have minimum of a 3.2 GPA to be considered
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC’s daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you’ll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August – October 2021: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- November – January 2022: Interview virtually with our team
- February 2022: Receive an offer and accept!
- February – June 2022: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2022: Start the Summer Intern Program