Liquidity Risk Management Intern [2022 Internship Program]
At DTCC, Liquidity Risk Management is responsible for measuring and managing liquidity risk of DTC, NSCC and FICC (the “Clearing Agencies”), where liquidity risk is defined as the risk that a Clearing Agency will not have sufficient liquidity resources in order to meet the potential amount of funding required to settle and then liquidate outstanding transactions of a defaulting Member/Participant or affiliated family of Members/Participants, in a timely manner. The Liquidity Risk Management Intern will learn key concepts of Liquidity Risk Management and Stress Testing as well as participate in team meetings. Following an introduction to liquidity risk management and stress testing, the intern will play a supporting role in analyzing liquidity risk and a range of stress scenarios through an on-going monitoring process. The individual may also support projects that could include ad-hoc reporting and client analysis.
- Candidates must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in the following curriculums: Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, MIS, or Business & Technology Management.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player with ability to take initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with VBA, SQL and Python is a plus.
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Candidates must have minimum of a 3.2 GPA to be considered
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC’s daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you’ll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August – October 2021: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- November – January 2022: Interview virtually with our team
- February 2022: Receive an offer and accept!
- February – June 2022: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2022: Start the Summer Intern Program