Environmental Intern (Summer 2022)
Everyone wants to work with people they respect. Even better if you can work with a company you respect. We have both at The David J. Joseph Company, and a 135+ year track record on operating an ethical business with a positive work culture. It may sound cliché, but it’s true. We’re a big, global company that still feels small.
Working at the David J. Joseph Company is unique. We offer employment in diverse settings such as traditional corporate headquarters, dynamic sales locations, and scrap recycling facilities. This workplace diversity gives our employees the variety they crave and the exposure to a global business. A career at The David J. Joseph Company is ideal for self-starters seeking to make an impact on our company and their careers.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80+ locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company.
- Conduct energy audits project for the DJJ family of companies.
- Compile maps.
- Complete water use assessment.
- Fuel use audit.
- Create a sustainability section for various DJJ company websites.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or equivalent required
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Power Point, and Word, and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify problems and develop alternative solutions to complete the task.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload