2022 Virtual Summer Intern - Issues Management Intern
2022 Virtual Summer Intern - Issues Management Intern (016980)
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper's summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it's like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper's collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
As an Issues Management Intern, you will have the opportunity to partner with Internal Audit, Legal, and Compliance to implement changes required by remediation. You will also make recommendations for updates to policies, procedures, and training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the team with reporting, testing, and other duties as assigned
- Manage control reports and testing results
- Assist with remediation research associated with internal/external findings
- Develop remediation plans and resolve findings
- Review test results tied to findings aligned to risk and compliance
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of internship start (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Finance, Risk, or relevant business degree and will help with state or regulatory audits
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Excel (i.e., VLOOKUP, formulas)
- Previous experience conducting research, writing reports, and summarizing large amounts of information into concise presentation materials
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Has an interest in pursuing a career in law, underwriting, and/or the mortgage industry
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID: