Transportation & Logistics' Intern - Summer 2022
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Steelcase is an industry trendsetter, and leader in logistics. We are technology driven and use innovative methods that inspire change and efficiency in transportation.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in efforts to drive efficiency and service improvements
- Lead meetings and have a key role in projects
- Interact and connect with Logistics and Operations leaders
- Enhance your technology skills and knowledge and impact the use of technology within Transportation & Logistics
- Gain real-life transportation experience
- Establish relationships with dealers and carriers
- Acquire corporate and manufacturing experiences
- Develop cross-functional communication skills
What you will be doing:
We plan, manage, and execute movement of over 500,000 pieces of product per week over 45 million miles for our customer deliveries.
As a Transportation/Logistics Intern, you can expect to:
- Utilize data and analytics to identify new ways to improve day to day process for service and efficiency improvements
- Identify and create opportunities for process improvements
- Discover customer satisfaction improvements for inbound, outbound, and shuttle deliveries.
Who you are:
- Do you consider the present and the future when making decisions? Identify proactive measures for Logistics.
- Do macros and VLOOKUP excite you?
- Can you tell a story from data and translate numbers into words that any audience can comprehend?
- Do you like finding new solutions and proving that something” good” could become “great”?
- Can you interact across multiple audiences and build trust among those you work with?
- Can you work efficiently when situations occur that are out of your control?
- Previous transportation/supply chain internship is a bonus
- You have analytic and programming experience
- You have an understanding and willingness to learn ERP Systems (SAP)
- Year: Junior, Senior
- Major: Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Operations Engineering, Business, Logistics, Transportation, Operations Management, Information Systems, MIS, CIS
Your Future Team:
We move quickly, we are forward-thinking, and we have fun along the way. The Logistics team is accommodating and respects new ideas and perspectives in dealing with an exciting and challenging environment.
We learn, we grow, and find solutions. We believe in support and development. We care about our team members as individuals, not just employees.
***Internship length: 14 weeks - May 9-August 12, 2022
Salary Range - $18- $23/hr
Additional Compensation: We provide relocation assistance and a housing subsidy for students to come and live in Grand Rapids.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.