Quality Engineering/Supply Chain Internship - Summer 2022
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
This team is dedicated to pouring into your professional development. They will offer you the chance to lead important high level projects then present to a variety of leadership. You will feel like you are treated like a full-time employee.
You will participate in various projects to support product safety, quality (supplier, operations, product development). Some projects will require data analysis, formulation of strategies and execution of those strategies with diverse teams throughout the Steelcase organization.
Who you are:
· Do you love puzzles and enjoy figuring out how things work or why they fail?
· Are you always trying to determine how to make something better?
· Are you both analytical and able to build relationships with a broad range of people?
· Do you enjoy working both independently and with a team in a variety of work environments?
· Understanding of lean principles
· Previous SAP knowledge preferred
· Advanced Excel skills
· Previous internship preferred
· Preferred Education: Sophomore or Junior pursuing a degree in supply chain, industrial engineering or business
Your Future Team:
The lean quality team’s goal is to improve the customer’s experience by making the distribution process most efficient, while reducing the amount of damaged goods to deliver the product on time. The team uses Lean principles to reduce waste and focus on continuous improvement.
Additionally, the quality team develops new processes then trains employees.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.