Supply Chain Intern (Northfield, IL)- Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is based out of our Northfield, IL office, a northern suburb of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
A Supply Chain Intern at Medline will work directly with senior level managers on process improvement and business system projects across all aspects of the supply chain. The scope of work includes optimization of supply and demand planning, inventory deployment strategies, stocking policies, and other projects to meet company objectives on service levels, inventory targets, and expense reduction. The intern will be responsible for extracting data, reporting, and converting data into information to make decisions off of.
Examples of possible projects include:
- Analysis on impact of expanding or contracting warehouse network for certain product categories
- Automation of vendor lead time review and maintenance procedures
- Build a forecast and production schedule for the different products or components
- Simulation of different stocking strategies and running different scenarios recommend the lowest total cost option
- Root cause analysis of backordered or surplus products to recommend process improvements
- Optimization of inventory deployment and balancing processes to achieve better outcomes with less manual effort
- Develop reports to detect outliers and potential issues before they impact the system
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Engineering (Industrial preferred)
- Junior standing with 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Strong leadership abilities and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, communication, data analysis and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement principles is a plus
- Knowledge of database applications (Access, FoxPro) is a plus
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization