Product Management Intern - Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
A Product Management Intern at Medline will work closely with the Product Division team members and will be exposed to all areas of the business, including product development, marketing, global sourcing, sales, negotiation, quality assurance, operations, and financial strategies.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Development and launch of new product lines and/or product improvements
- Assisting in the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies
- Collaborating with marketing to develop promotional pieces and design packaging
- Researching the market and performing analyses to determine new opportunities to grow the business
- Crafting and delivering presentations to our sales force and customers
- Negotiating with vendors to ensure business goals are met while maintaining strong business relationships
- Working with Inventory Management to ensure proper stock levels and service level goals are met
- Junior standing with 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Previous internship experience in product management/development, marketing, and/or business preferred
- Active interest in the Healthcare industry preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and follow-up skills required
- Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- Must have strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a bias toward action and be results oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization