Social Media and Public Relations Intern - Summer 2022
Social Media and Public Relations Intern – Summer 2022
While most people know us best for the beloved little red wagon, Radio Flyer is always dreaming up FUNomenal new ways to deliver joy to families by introducing new products every year. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, headquartered in Chicago. From go-karts and scooters to kids’ bikes and the Lithium-Ion Tesla Model S for Kids, our Chicago-based team innovates in every product category we enter and we are looking for talented individuals to join our award-winning team!
For over a century, Radio Flyer has served as the first set of wheels for generations of kids. We have helped inspire creative play as wagons transformed into rocket ships, race cars and airplanes, transporting children anywhere they imagined. Now, with over a billion Radio Flyer wheels on the road, we have introduced our biggest innovation for all the kids at heart - Flyer is a line of electric bikes and scooters, our first ever product line created for adult riders.
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace nationally and locally. Our team has received numerous awards over the years including Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Chicago Innovation Awards, People Magazine’s Companies that Care, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and Vault Top 50 Intern Programs nationwide. Robert Pasin, Chief Wagon Officer and grandson of company founder Antonio Pasin, was recently recognized as a Top CEO of 2021 on Glassdoor. Radio Flyer is also proud to have been named a top workplace for women, minorities, and LGBTQ+ community members over the years by Crain’s, Daily Herald and Vault.
At Radio Flyer, we welcome and appreciate all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives — encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration, and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth. At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people’s lives, they will feel FUNomenal!”
The Communications Intern position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company. Working with the Brand Communications Team you will support key communications functions such as social media, public relations, and content creation to help achieve our vision of being the world’s most loved children’s brand. This is a paid opportunity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create original and engaging content that inspires a global love for the Radio Flyer brand to be shared across our social media pages, Radio Flyer website, and other communications channels.
- Assist with content ideation, social media planning, brand campaigns, and radioflyer.com projects.
- Support marketing team in projects related to social media, public relations, influencer marketing, and other communications projects.
- Conduct benchmarking on communications initiatives (social media, digital, and more)
- The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing or Communications with a 3.0+ grade point average.
- Hands-on; results oriented; ability to prioritize objectives and meet timelines
- Self-motivated, proactive, capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
FUNatical Customer Service
Live with Integrity
Yes I Can
Excellence in Everything
Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all employees. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current employees, as well as all newly hired employees. Radio Flyer will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons as required by law.
Please apply online at www.radioflyer.com/careers