Brand Sales Specialist Intern – IBM Summit Summer 2022
The IBM Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level students to fill consultative, client-focused, relationship sales intern roles.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBM intern, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
This is a summer 2022 position. Applicants should be rising Juniors or rising Seniors pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business/Communications with a STEM minor, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar disciplines. Intern positions are in major cities across the US.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM solves the world’s problems. Be a part of the solution!
You will actively:
- Work directly with sales professionals on client opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team
- Shadow sales representatives for insight on the responsibilities of the profession
- Prospect for new business, including proactive outreach to new prospects to generate interest in IBM offerings
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and hardware technology solutions
- Grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
- Network throughout all levels of the IBM organization, enabling you to form contacts and learn more about opportunities within IBM
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security or Systems Hardware.
Summit opportunities are available in one of 7 metro regions: Atlanta GA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, New York NY, San Francisco CA, and Washington DC.
Training may require up to 10% travel.
Brand Solution Sales Specialist Interns have a passion for sales and are successful in the following:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Attraction for working with clients via social engagement tools/interactions
- Capacity to grasp and communicate technical details
- Be a self-starter and have proven leadership experience
- Possess research and analytical skills
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Have customer sales/service experience
- Team Collaboration
- Be able to independently travel to IBM clients and meetings
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business/Communications with a STEM minor, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar disciplines; or non-technical degree with demonstrated programming/technical skills
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client sales or service
- Programming/development coursework or experience
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.