Global Information Systems Leadership Development Program (GISLDP) - Internship
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
The Global Information Systems Leadership Development Program (GISLDP) provides participants with the opportunity to apply technical skills, strengthen business insight, and grow. During this 12-week internship, you will own a project, drive differentiated results, and receive mentorship from Information Systems leadership. Your project will fall within a specific Information Systems discipline to deliver key business impact. This experience will give you the opportunity to envision, design, develop, and operate information systems that support a global multi-branded business.
Project assignments could be in areas such as:
- Project Leadership: Project Planning & Estimating, Project Management & Delivery
- Innovation and Emerging Capabilities: New technologies
- Business Client Engagement: Business-facing roles providing leadership and support to Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.
Minimum Background and Experiences
- Progress towards MBA degree with an emphasis in technology or with technical certifications or a Masters of Science in IS, IT, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 with an anticipated completion date in 2023
- Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in a fast-paced technology field
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Passion for applied technology
- Desire to work within a project management and IT consulting role
- Desire to work in a global enterprise, lead challenging projects and drive organizational effectiveness through technology solutions
- Demonstrated project management capability; agile experience preferred
- Understanding of how technology enables business outcomes
Upon successful completion of the 2022 internship, you may be considered for full-time employment opportunities post-graduation. Please note: All candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the job will be asked to complete our online behavioral assessment, Plum, as a next step in the recruitment process. For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time. Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. Whirlpool Corporation’s headquarters is located in the community in which we were founded. Known as the “Twin Cities,” Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. These communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant during the summer. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it's like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.