2022 Data Management & Data Engineering Summer Intern
**Please apply to this role at our Company website: www.bp.com/uscampus
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercializing innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
About the Role
It’s all about the data! There is no surprise that data pervades every corner of our planet, making it the most valuable resource. Data’s value stems from its potential to be distilled into a crucial commodity. In its most refined state, data can be transformed into knowledge which powers decision making and provides opportunities for efficiencies and increased revenue.
Come blaze passion into designing, building and integrating big data with the Data Engineering team to help make data and its pipelines more useful to the enterprise. Supercharge your human operating system and learning capacity while experimenting with new technology products, building and maintaining data structures and architecture for data ingestion and processing. You’ll learn techniques, approaches and help develop technology products that enable data discovery, visualization and insights.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our internship program offers you just that plus the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. You will work alongside our highly qualified and professional colleagues. We take interns studying a wide range of subjects to allow you to explore new career aspiration and develop the technical skillset for you to have a successful career.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.
- Apply your insatiable curiosity to create data ingestion patterns and deliver data to consumers
- Develop queries or algorithms to ingest data from various sources into a cloud-based environment and data ecosystem
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Assist in preparing big data infrastructure for large-scale data intensive applications
- Optimize and engineer cloud architectures, data storage technologies
- Activate your limitless potential in designing, building and testing data products, scripts or connectors for advanced analytics
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- No sponsorship available for this position
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related technical or business field
- Must be available for a continuous 12-week period
- Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program or in the 4th year of a five-year program. Interns join us during the summer prior to their intended graduation year.
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
- Ability to work using the agile scrum, kanban or agile framework
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic and proactive, passionate approach to learn and inspire
- Be an imaginative / creative problem solver
- Energetic communicator open to co-create and collaborate on a cross-functional team
The internship is 12 weeks in length. Housing is provided at your work location as well as a competitive salary and benefits that would accrue if you return as a fulltime employee. Candidates can only apply for one internship at BP each year. All applications must be submitted through the bp.com/campus website only.
If you are an energetic, team-oriented individual and want to be a part of a global company that produces energy for the betterment of humankind, apply now!