Intern, Corporate Communications
Are you a born communicator and rising star who loves to shape and share compelling stories? Do you roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done? And do you like the idea of working with a company named Top Place to Work in PR for 10 consecutive years?
We’re Ketchum, a top-five global communications consultancy recognized as the most creatively awarded firm in our industry, a reputation earned by the people we employ – equal parts human-centered and business-focused, empathetic and intelligent.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright, motivated and creative Corporate Communications Intern to join our team. You will work collaboratively with fellow team members on a variety of special projects and initiatives, including internal communications, media and marketing, to help us engage employees and continually enhance Ketchum’s reputation in the marketplace. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, Internal Communications.
Our ideal candidate will be a current student in the NYC, Atlanta or Washington, D.C., area who is interested in having an ongoing part-time internship throughout the academic year.
About the Job
Support internal comms team:
- Contribute content and research for daily internal news postings
- Develop content for weekly global employee newsletter
- Track internal communications analytics
Support media team:
- Handle daily monitoring report to send to agency’s global leadership
- Conduct media audits to support media strategy development
- Develop and maintain media lists
- Draft pitches and press releases for agency news
Support general corporate communications and marketing initiatives:
- Assist with research for story development and new programming
- Contribute social media content for corporate social channels
- Conduct intranet and website audits to maintain consistency
- Input data into Salesforce CRM system
- Candidates enrolled in a Master’s or Undergraduate degree program in Communications or a related field
- If currently enrolled in a graduate program, at least one semester must be completed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with AP Style; strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong professional demeanor, as this role requires working with senior-level executives
- High ethical standards
- Proactive, flexible, willing to jump in where needed and able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Relevant prior job experience/internship in an organization or as a consultant
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook