IT Summer College Intern - IoT Data Systems (Cloud EWIS Team)
CEWIS (Cloud Enterprise Wide Information System) is one of the fastest-growing IoT systems, delivering insightful data to numerous internal and external customers.
Be part of a team to further develop, enhance, deploy, and support one of the industry’s largest IoT platforms. The internally developed, cloud-based system ingests nearly 40 Billion data points per day from over 600 power generating facilities and serves the data up via several analytical and visual tools to ~3,500 internal and external customers including critical control, operations, and diagnostics centers. You will be part of a very dynamic, fast paced agile team. In this role, you will learn about various cloud-based tools, have the opportunity to enhance existing components/tools, and create new functionality.
The candidate will have exposure to a wide variety of business functions including Product Development, Connected devices, Digital Marketing, Product Support, and Customer support.
Potential Opportunities Include:
• New Product Design - Plan for and/or assist in deployment of cutting edge technologies in cloud platform focused on IoT services and tools
• Data Quality – Research, collaborate, plan, and deploy data quality related metrics. Engage in support of edge devices and CEWIS core items that are affecting data quality
• Digital Marketing and User Experience – Digital content creation. Working with business unit leaders to translate insights into improvements in user experience
Analytical Problem Solving, Report Development, Good Listening Skills, Team Player, Effective Written Communications, Effective Verbal Communications, Analysis, Strategic Planning, SQL, Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel), Database Structure, Web Technologies, Information Coding Standards, Programming using any or all of the following: C#, Java, Angular, Python, Spring boot, and Shell scripting.
Qualifications that are a Plus:
Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, AWS, S3, EC2, ECS Fargate, CI/CD – Jenkins, Lambda, CloudFormation, HiveMQ, Kepware/Topserver, Load Balancing Technologies, Cloud Security Concepts, Power BI, & Statistics
Education, Experience, Skills
• Academic focus in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• A student of how technology interaction and User Experience impacts business
• Excellent teamwork and project management capabilities
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists department with assigned projects
• Completes challenging projects and assignments
• Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
• Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High school grad / GED
• Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
• Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher