Program Management Intern - Summer 2022
About the Role
We are CrowdStrike, a fast-growing security company that protects our wide range of customers from cybersecurity attacks. We’re investing in program managers who are energetic, eager to learn, flexible, and capable of managing large scale/complex engineering projects in a fast-paced environment.
As an intern with the Program Management team, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Platform Product Group, whose mission is to extend the platform functionality and data to other developers and technology partners, allowing us to evolve into a platform business model and ensure the continuous evolution of our world-class Falcon product. Your primary focus will entail driving the scheduling, scoping and execution of projects for the Product Group, working directly with the Engineering Developers, the Product Managers, and the Dev Managers in order to ensure timely delivery against the roadmap. You’ll work closely across functional teams (UX, Cloud, Sensor) to collaborate and ensure dependencies are well known, critical issues are identified and driven to resolution.
- Facilitating work in a highly collaborative and empathetic environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to discuss tasks with employees in a manner which gives guidance and best practices but does not dictate implementation.
- Creating and driving the project schedule, working with dev management task assignments, and managing schedule progress; from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Tracks status of project activities and ensures that schedules and priorities are being met.
- Ensures critical issues are identified, tracked through resolution, and escalated if necessary.
- Manages daily/weekly project communication and status reporting.
- Leads Scrum meetings and creates meeting minutes/action items.
What you’ll need…
- Currently pursuing a degree in either computer science, MIS, Communications, or related field.
- Experience working in a program/project management capacity for software development.
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum. Experience with Scaled Agile Framework methodology a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must enjoy consensus driven environments where collaboration, honest and open communications are paramount.
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make logical, timely decisions.
- Excel with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast pace/quickly changing environment.
- Experience with/exposure to cyber security domain a plus
What You Can Expect:
- Executive Speaker Series & Tech Talks
- Fun socials and give-back events (e.g. virtual trivia, escape rooms, etc.)
- Development workshops to grow your soft and hard skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and CrowdStrikers
- Owning impactful projects that move the company forward
- Working alongside a diverse and global team
- Assigned mentor and continuous feedback
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Access to our FalconFit Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Fun Slack channels (e.g. food, gaming, sports, pets, etc.)
- Paid holidays and 401k matching
Here’s what our previous interns have to say about our program:
- The CrowdStrike Internship Experience (video)
- Intern Testimonials blog post (TBA)
- Our feature on The Internship Show (podcast)
Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.