Falcon Complete Analyst Intern - Summer 2022
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
As a Falcon Complete Analyst Intern at CrowdStrike, you’ll make a difference in global security by protecting organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world. Our CrowdStrike virtual security operations center offers opportunities to expand your skill set through a wide variety of experiences, detecting and responding to incidents as they occur in real-time for our customers.
- Conduct monitoring and analysis of security alerts.
- Assist with triage of incoming issues to assess the priority. Investigate alerts and validate the alert is malicious.
- Escalate alerts that indicate a potential security incident.
- Serve as our first line of contact for customer security requests.
- Initiate cases, document activities, and escalate issues to higher-level security analysts per Falcon Complete Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
What You’ll Need...
- 0-2 years of relevant incident handling skills
- Fundamental understanding of information security
- Fundamental understanding of sysinternals
- Fundamental understanding of network communications
- Desire to grow and expand technical and soft skills
- Current student working towards a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Incident Handling: experience conducting or managing incident response for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hactivists.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Systems Administration: an understanding of system internals is required to understand how to implement and execute countermeasures and remediation.
- Network Forensic Analysis: knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Malware Analysis: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis to understand the nature of malware
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and strong background in performing network operations.
What You Can Expect:
- Executive Speaker Series & Tech Talks
- Fun socials and give-back events (e.g. virtual trivia, escape rooms, etc.)
- Development workshops to grow your soft and hard skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and CrowdStrikers
- Owning impactful projects that move the company forward
- Working alongside a diverse and global team
- Assigned mentor and continuous feedback
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Access to our FalconFit Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Fun Slack channels (e.g. food, gaming, sports, pets, etc.)
- Paid holidays and 401k matching
Here’s what our previous interns have to say about our program:
Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.