Internship - Summer 2022
Brayman Construction is a local, nationally recognized heavy civil contractor based in Saxonburg, PA, with a southern office in Wytheville, VA. We specialize in heavy highway, bridge construction, steel erection, geotechnical and deep foundations work.
Brayman is searching for several interns to work within our corporate office in Saxonburg, PA, and our southern office in Wytheville, VA, in addition to our key field projects.
The program consists of various rotations throughout our divisions including heavy civil, foundations, and estimating. As an intern you will be exposed to all aspects of construction project management as well as being a part of major local construction projects.
An intern could work through Estimating, Foundation Construction, Heavy Civil Construction, and Management as well as concentrate on Safety throughout the program.
The current internship duration is planned for May 9, 2022, thru August 12, 2022.
Interviews will be held on January 17, 2022, at both locations (PA and VA).
· Coordinating projects and activities
· Preparing project reports
· Computation of cost and preparing estimates
· Analyzing blueprints, proposals, and labor estimates
· Follow all safety procedures to complete work
· General laborer duties
· Must be pursuing a Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction/Business/Supply Chain Management or a similar field.
· Business Management or Supply Chain candidates who have an interest in starting a career in Project Management within the construction industry is a requisite for the position.
· Must be comfortable working in both an office and construction environment
· Strong knowledge in blueprint reading and specifications
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Must have interest in working hard and being challenged daily
· Works indoors/outdoors.
· Environment can be dirty and noisy.
· Wears appropriate protective clothing and equipment including gloves, ear protection, hard hats, and vests.
Physical Demands (varying):
· Lifting up to 50 LBS.
· Stands frequently and walks about the work areas
· Occasionally stretches up and across when completing daily tasks
· Squatting, crouching or kneeling may be required occasionally.
· Twisting the body or neck may be required occasionally.
· Bending is occasionally required to facilitate the lifting of items used daily
· Contact with skin irritants or water may occur during certain processes
· Repetitive hand and arm movements are required when operating machinery.
· The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be pursuing a Civil Engineering, Construction, Business/Supply Chain, Management degree.