College Internship / Co-op
Leadership. Commitment. Safety. Quality. Respect. These are the values our companies lean on to build a successful project. We are a family-owned company with dedicated employees working together with trusted partners to create a region of which we can all be proud.
The PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy family of construction companies has managed more than $12 billion in construction activity in the Mid-Atlantic region, is consistently ranked one of the Top 100 Builders in the nation by Engineering News Record magazine, and has been voted one of
Pittsburgh "Best Places to Work." For four decades, we have provided comprehensive construction services in the areas of general contracting, design-build, construction management, preconstruction, and project management.
Our structured internship program allows college students to gain valuable, on-the-job, hands-on learning experiences in the Engineering, Accounting, Marketing, Safety or Surveying departments. Most students are in their second or third year of a bachelor's degree program and want to gain practical industry knowledge and experience; and most opportunities are 40 hours per week from May to August, or one academic semester.
- An Engineering Intern may be assigned to a construction project as an active member of the project team, assisting the Project Engineers or Superintendents with activities that include:Project documentation, quantity takeoff for planning, preparing monthly pay estimates;
- Scheduling and coordination efforts with subcontractors, suppliers, and equipment;
- Keeping track of the daily work for our cost control system.
- If assigned to our Estimating Department, an Engineering Intern is given job duties similar to our full-time Estimators, working alongside them in activities such as:Quantity takeoffs;
- Subcontractor & supplier outreach and database maintenance;
- Project evaluation;
- Systems set-up using our Estimating software.
- Safety Department Interns assist project Site Safety Managers with:Employee Safety orientations and training
- Daily safety inspections, documentation, insurance and risk management
- Claim investigation and other items related to safe working conditions.
- Surveying Department Interns will assist other Surveyors in daily activities and will be expected to work at a variety of construction projects.
NOTE: Reliable personal transportation is highly desirable for interns who work at construction sites or who are hired by the Safety or Surveying Departments.
Our program includes group events that brings interns from every company together to meet, share experiences and interact with company executives, as well as a formal, post-internship evaluation process.
Career Fairs at regional colleges usually take place in September-October and January-March each year. Look for our booth at your college event; we'd welcome the opportunity to meet you and discuss our internship program in person!
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current student in an accredited Accounting, Marketing, Engineering, Engineering Technology or Safety degree program
- Must have existing housing arrangements and transportation
- Going into Junior or Senior year preferred
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.