U.S. SCADA & Real Time Systems Intern
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
The energy industry is primed for digital disruption, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead. We are leading the digital transformation journey by unlocking creativity and innovation in new ways, every day. If you're ready to challenge the status quo to deliver outstanding business results that propel us into the future, we want you to join our team! Our Information Services team is evolving to play a major role in leading innovation in our industry and to meet the needs of our growing business.
The Information Services (IS) department is looking for individuals who are outcome obsessed, always on, and most-importantly, are passionate about developing a career at TC Energy. The US SCADA East and Real Time Systems team provides support such as measurement, gas quality, control room, and data historian.
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in computer science, computer engineering programs or similar degrees for May 2022 internships.
Roles are based in Charleston, WV.
Tasks could be:
- Performing application system production support, maintenance, development and testing.
- Performing System Administration and Change Management functions in accordance with defined procedures.
- Providing stable and reliable 24/7/365 operation of application services that meet business desired Service Levels.
- Actively enrolled in a computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent program, with at least two semesters of education complete and one semester remaining following your work term
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development