ARCHITECTURAL (MEP) ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN - KIEWIT INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERS
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 125381
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
We are a high-performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging in exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the industrial markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Close to moderate supervision by a more experienced architect and/or engineer.
- Develops familiarity with departmental design standards, applicable codes and Kiewit Power Engineers policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Understands contributes to, and adheres to the Kiewit Power Engineers Quality Plan requirements and objectives.
- Prepares basic engineering calculations and following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analyses.
- Prepares basic architectural, or mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) design sketches for drafting and incorporation into final plans.
- Assists in checking various Kiewit Power Engineers prepared drawings and documents as assigned and within established guidelines.
- May inspect construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to architectural/MEP drawings, specifications, and construction.
- Checks vendor drawings for compliance to design specifications.
- Submits lessons learned to the Kiewit Power Engineers database.
- Communicates with other disciplines to coordinate design interfacing issues.
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
- Highly desirable that the individual is pursuing a degree in Architectural Engineering and, in addition to architectural courses, has started electrical, mechanical, or structural system courses from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Should be comfortable with the use of basic spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs. Must be familiar with basic structural analysis software, engineering software, and basic CADD software for reviewing drafter’s work.
- Highly desirable that the individual will have specific knowledge of MathCad, REVIT, and Navisworks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.