New Initiatives Office Intern [2022 Internship Program]
The New Initiatives Office (NIO) supports the governance and oversight structure for DTCC to bring initiatives to market timely and efficiently. The NIO works with businesses, Finance, and Strategy to ensure that initiatives are designed to appropriately mitigate risk to DTCC, its constituents, and the financial markets. DTCC uses a Stage-Gate®-based methodology as the basis for its New Initiatives Approval Process. The NIO reviews all initiative documentation and uses threshold criteria based on risk and cost to determine whether it needs to be reviewed and approved by the company’s Investment and Operations Committee.
The NIO Intern will support the NIO in governing the company’s $300 million+ technology investment portfolio. The intern will work on special research projects within the NIO team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Attending company training and internship development activities as scheduled
- Participating in rotating opportunities across NIO team members
- Supporting NIO team with data analytics
- Assisting with coordination of key stakeholder meetings
- Being enthusiastic, communicative, and open to learning new things every day!
- Candidates must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in the following curriculums: Finance, Accounting, or General Business
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A motivated self-starter
- Able to grasp new concepts
- Able to work within a hybrid-remote work environment
- Proficient in computer and technical skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Candidates must have minimum of a 3.2 GPA to be considered
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC’s daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you’ll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August – October 2021: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- November – January 2022: Interview virtually with our team
- February 2022: Receive an offer and accept!
- February – June 2022: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2022: Start the Summer Intern Program