Cybersecurity Intern (Atlanta)
The Cybersecurity Intern position is an excellent opportunity to contribute to various aspects of Cybersecurity; Application Security, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Risk and Compliance, Identity and Access, and Awareness. The Cybersecurity intern will work independently and in a team to support the organizational strategy and assist in expanding mature cybersecurity processes. This is a temporary role with potential to grow into a permanent position.
The goal of this 12-week summer internship program is to recruit and attract top talent to The Home Depot in order to provide a best-in-class experience for students of our company, our business and our culture. Our goal at the end of the internship is to extend full-time offers to top-performing interns upon receiving undergraduate and post-graduate degrees.
As part of the 12-week summer internship program, interns will have the opportunity to work on value-add business projects, have assigned managers, teams and mentors, learn from the executive leadership team during mentoring sessions, present to leadership on their project, gain exposure to the in-store environment, tour distribution facilities, and network with other Home Depot interns and associates through various social and business networking events.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
- Make recommendations to upper management
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partner cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager or Sr. Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Currently pursuing Bachelors Degree
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience
- Interest in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team of engineers
- Solid understanding of Internet fundamentals (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Familiarity with and some ability to code
- General knowledge of security fundamentals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner.