Finance Automation Internship (Fall 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2022 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Buffalo, NY
About the Team
The Finance Automation team focuses on constantly improving the way information is captured/extracted, processed and transferred within the finance organization. A good fit in this intern role is someone who is able to think outside the box and wants to help design, create, and implement leading edge automation tools to help provide automated solutions across multiple business functions.
The intern will need to be a creative person that takes initiative, learns new software quickly, and thinks outside the box. This person should have a demonstrated interest or some experience developing programs/scripts with databases, system integrations, process workflow, and data capture/extraction.
- Assist on development of new automation solutions (bots) that automate processes that are up-stream, down-stream, and/or within Finance
- Collaborate, enhance & support existing process bots, chat bots, and data capture automations
- Training neural network models for image classification & field extraction within ABBYY FlexiCapture
- Create metrics & dashboards for measuring success of existing automations
- Manage and measure success against established metrics
- Assist in project delivery across the lifecycle including providing guidance to teams and resolving issues
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Data Science, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Programming or other applicable degree
- Interest or experience ((professional or academic) in the following areas – website automation, document automation, process transformation, data and analytics, finance transformation
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) developing automations in C# that automate processes, extract, transform, and/or load information.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) working with Microsoft Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, PowerBI, and Power Virtual Agents) is a plus but is not required.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) working with the intelligent data capture software ABBYY FlexiCapture is also a plus but is not required.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) in the broader suite of automation technologies such as machine learning, intelligent automation, and/or data analytics is a plus.
- Be a team player – should be willing to collaborate and work towards a common vision
- Be able to balance aggressive timelines for multiple projects at once
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with fast pace environment along with flexibility to deal with change