Immigration Internship (Fall 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2022 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Austin, TX
Tesla’s Human Resource Department is deeply ingrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members are expected not only to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways/recommendations, but must also lead cross-functional decision-making processes and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company. Through the intern program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
About the Team
Tesla Immigration is responsible for managing the sponsorship of US and global work visas for company employees in compliance with immigration laws and regulations. The team is also available to support the business to secure documents necessary for international business travel.
The Immigration Intern will support Tesla’s immigration team with the administrative aspects of the immigration program. This role performs system updates with accuracy and ensures status records are current for Tesla employees.
- Save documents for record retention
- Update applicable employee records and reports in the appropriate systems
- Update status and related document information for open cases
- Assist with reporting
- Distribute document copies to employees as needed and help manage general correspondence
- Under direction request payments for processing and track status accordingly
- Represent the Tesla immigration program in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with Tesla employees in the immigration process
- Coordinate regulatory notice of filing postings for NIV and PERM cases
- Process general invitation letters supporting business travelers
- Take on other duties as assigned
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Must have excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Must be reliable, team-oriented, and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within strict timelines
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills
- 1- 2 years related employment immigration experience and/or training preferred
- Understanding of U.S. immigration status documents, including I-94 arrival/departure records, visa stamps, and USCIS approval notices preferred