Intern- Emerge Program Support Staff
The Economic Growth Division’s mission is to accelerate the growth of New Jersey’s economy by implementing initiatives that enhance the State’s long-term economic competitiveness and establish New Jersey as an innovation leader within high job growth strategic sectors, including life sciences and technology, transportation and logistics, clean energy, film, digital media, offshore wind, financial services and advanced manufacturing. The Economic Growth Products department delivers unique programs to create and sustain job growth in businesses within each of these key sectors. The team that delivers these products are focused on effective execution combined with a positive market impact.
The Emerge Program Support Staff - Intern serves as a contributing staff member to assist with various administrative functions including designing and running Microsoft CRM reports, thorough analysis as well as data entry into CRM system and various marketing functions. In addition, a Emerge Program Support Staff – Intern will create marketing tools, review marketing materials, provide feedback on improving website content, pre-application and application. Assist with creating videos designed to educate the general public and internal staff on the Emerge program. Assist with FAQ’s, Excel reporting, and other similar administrative assistance.
The Emerge Program Support Staff - Intern will coordinate and collaborate their efforts with NJEDA Industry Sector Leads, other internal departments, and external partners with the ultimate goal of creating economic growth for the industries in the state of New Jersey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an EDA assistant on opportunites to improve and assist with the Emerge and Film Tax Credit Progrm
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to assist with various administrative functions including designing and running Microsoft CRM reports
- Asssiting and documenting the assessment and evaluation of companies to determine eligibility for the Emerge and Film Tax Credit programs.
- Responsible for updating marketing materials and presentation materials as directed
- Works with the NJEDA colleagues, and conducting company research.
- Collaborates with NJEDA’s marketing and communications teams to assure web site is accurate, programs are accurately marketed, success stories are shared.
- Leads independent work and small project teams to execute program strategies.
- Assist with developing and documenting best practices which can be institutionalize across multiple programs; defines and implements needed systems and policies.
- Participates in the development and then advocates for other Economic Growth Products strategic initiatives as necessary.
- Performs duties to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer- focused work environment among division, NJEDA staff, and external customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM solution and the ability to learn new software packages
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
Problem solving and communication
- Strong creative and analytical problem solving ability, including structuring issues, framing solutions, and executing complex analyses with limited errors and oversight
- Ability to synthesize findings and propose actionable solutions
- Strong written (presentation, memos, and emails) and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on small project teams tackling complex and challenging work
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and self-lead own work planning and execution with a strong results orientation
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little supervision
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment and manage competing demands
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer