Office of Fiscal Services - Internship
The Office of Fiscal Services offers a credit-earning internship opportunity that provides accounting, finance and budget experiences across multiple units of the division with the purpose of providing the student with a general view of the fiscal operations in a university setting.
The following are intern responsibilities:
1. Navigate and enter data into financial enterprise software, including SAS, PeopleSoft, and Banner
2. Perform account reconciliations for various general ledger accounts
3. Complete budget amendments
4. Create queries and pull reports for key stakeholders and financial recommendations
5. Assist with position management, including position budgets and reconciliations
6. Update and track equipment inventory
7. Review P-Card and accounts payable transactions
8. Interact with customers to provide information related to budget, procurement, and accounts payable processes as well as student-centered information such as tuition payment options and deadlines
9. Work with units to compile information and create process improvement solutions
10. Perform administrative tasks to support the daily operations of the Office of Fiscal Services, as needed
Minimum education (degree or coursework) required, if any:
1. Finance, Accounting, or closely related major that will align with a credit-earning internship.
2. Coursework and grades that meet the requirements of ACCT 3398 and FIN 3398 internships, including a grade of C or better in ACCT 3100 or FIN 3100 and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Additional or preferred qualifications:
1. Able to work with details and time-sensitive issues
2. Proficient with computer applications associated with the position (e.g. Microsoft Office suite)
3. Strong attention to detail and follow up skills