Software Development Engineer Internship (Fall 2022)
Amazon fall SDE internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between August and September 2022. Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting. Many of our technologies overlap, and you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
By applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to:
- CA (Culver City, Cupertino, Irvine, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica)
- CO (Boulder, Denver)
- GA (Atlanta)
- MA (Boston, Cambridge, North Reading)
- NY (New York)
- TX (Austin)
- VA (Arlington, Herndon)
- WA (Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond)
***Locations are subject to change.***
If this opportunity interests you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon!
Currently enrolled in an Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or majors relating to these fields are considered with an expected conferral date later than 4/30/2023.
Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $8,224/month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.