Summer 2023 Blackstone Structured Finance Group, Asset Based Finance Summer Analyst
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $881 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $279 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is the largest owner of commercial real estate globally, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, residential, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate assets globally and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT, invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
2023 Blackstone Structured Finance Group, Asset Based Finance Summer Analyst
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team to perform due diligence on prospective investments within the credit space, with a focus on Structured Credit. This will include meeting with potential borrowers and their teams, industry/strategy research, and quantitative analysis
- Modeling and evaluating various types of deal structures
- Structuring and negotiating deal term sheets
- Reviewing credit agreements and other loan documentation
- Working with other members of the Investment Team to source, diligence, and underwrite investment opportunities, leveraging Blackstone’s various groups where appropriate.
- Drafting and presenting memorandums for Investment Committees
- Monitoring existing investments including tracking key risks/mitigates and continuously challenging the validity of the investment thesis
- Thinking creatively about ways to improve the team’s existing processes
Qualifications: Blackstone seeks individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, a successful candidate will have:
- A desire to work in a team environment, often under strict time constraints
- Superior financial modeling skills, with past experience modeling and evaluating transactions
- Excellent technical proficiency in Excel/VBA
- Prior experience preparing presentation materials using PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and be eager to learn
- Past Structured Credit experience is helpful, but not required
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by law.