Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse WRS - Pembroke Pines
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes and receives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program services as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school
- One (1) year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity arrangements with other states
What you will do
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders; human growth and development, principles of psychiatric rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing services and related policy and procedures including adequate knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards as related to position. Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits