Communications and Fundraising INTERNS
Volunteer Communications and Fundraising INTERNSHIP with INFLUENTIAL NONPROFIT
Are you looking to learn valuable skills, build your confidence, and improve your resume - all while making a positive impact on society?
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is looking for enthusiastic volunteer interns with a strong desire to build relationships with the community while forwarding E.R.E’s mission of strengthening the educational achievement of underserved K-12 students.
Internships with E.R.E. are a great way to gain experience in social/community services, education, entrepreneurship, marketing, and nonprofit work. Join us in spreading awareness and inspiring interest!
We are a nonprofit operating in Illinois and Texas that provides underserved youth with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills. Our mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
What you’ll do:
• Build meaningful relationships with schools, nonprofits, service providers, and donors
• Support E.R.E.’s social media presence
• Identify and cultivate key community fundraising segments
• Grow donor base through multiple touchpoints
• Participate in extensive skills development training
What you’ll learn:
E.R.E. invests heavily in your professional development, helping you to develop skills that will enable you to succeed with us as well as throughout your career.
Key skill competencies you’ll learn include:
• The basics of fundraising for nonprofits
• How to speak with others to create an immediate impact
• How to advocate for a specific cause to win hearts and minds simultaneously
• How to build meaningful, long-lasting professional relationships
• How to conduct target-based research to qualify partnership and donor prospects
• Business communication, both written and verbal
What else should you know?
E.R.E. promotes from within!
After 3 months, there is potential to be promoted to other positions including manager, data analyst, translator, IT support, grant reviewer, committee leader, marketing, website editor, and bookkeeper.
After 6 months, there is potential to be promoted to a paid position.
• You can dedicate at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
• You have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone that can make calls in the USA
We’d love to get to know you better!
Please apply HERE
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.