B STEM Intern, Network Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will assist with various projects throughout the department.
Project Title: Develop and Configure Application Software
- Optimize configuration of existing monitoring software for server and network performance and issue identification.
- Assess or develop syslog server and security events log manager applications and fiber patch panel and network cabinet documentation software. Work with Process Control and Automation (PCA) and Information Technology (IT) to
Project Title: Server Maintenance, Administration, Operation, and Backup
- Under general supervision, perform computer, network, and server administration.
- Perform Linux server administration tasks as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks such as backup completion checking, antivirus and patch verification, and condition monitoring.
- Perform VMWare server maintenance, including test environment.
Project Title: Tracking & Monitoring
- Identify and track issues through the monitoring of server and network devices.
- Develop or enhance dashboard screens.
- Implement and track performance of production applications.
- Provide assistance in monitoring PCA spares and equipment inventory.
Project Title: Data Entry and Reporting
- CMMS work order data entry and reporting.
- Preparation of reports (work order, plant/collections data, inventory, others as needed).
Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must be enrolled in school or must have graduated within 24 months from the date of application.
Field of Study:
- Declared Majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Degree Program Levels:
Any of the following degree program levels may qualify
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s degree (Freshman - Senior)
- Master/Doctoral Degree
- High School Advanced Placement Examinations and Technical/Trade School will also be considered
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to work 40 hours per Working hours are Monday – Friday during normal business hours. Candidate must be able to commit to up to a 3 month assignment with an option to extend the assignment at NEORSD’s discretion. This internship program provides for a time-limited role at NEORSD with no express or implied guarantee of future employment beyond the assignment period. This position is governed by all applicable NEORSD administrative policies, practices and procedures related to temporary employees.
- The District requires protective footwear (i.e., steel or composite-toed) when working in the plants, pump stations, construction sites, public rights-of-way and other posted New hires are required to have protective footwear, meeting the following criteria, on the first day of employment: 1) Must be ANSI Z41-1999 or ASTM F-2412/2413 (2005) certified, 2) Must have a steel or composite protective toe, 3) Must be, at a minimum, a 6” work boot or 6” hiker-style boot (Note: shoes are not permitted), 4) Must have a slip-resistant sole. It is also recommended, but not required, that footwear be waterproof and have included a shank to protect the bottom of the foot.
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and more! We also have an active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a life/work balance.