Facilities Technician Apprentice Style Internship
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Do you enjoy hands-on work, maintaining high-tech and complex systems? Are you looking for a vocation where continuing to learn and grow is a core value? We offer relevant training and experience in managing and maintaining industrial systems for students pursing a STEM Associate degree program or Trade School. When you join Corporate Services, you'll be part of the Intel team that keeps our factory systems running
This is an on-site, 6 + month, part-time apprenticeship style internship designed to develop your skills to operate industrial systems while you complete your degree. We offer relocation assistance for students who need to move to our sites and who can complete their degrees remotely and/or who will transfer to a local school.
As a Facilities Technician Apprenticeship style Intern your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Service and maintain the following systems: Mechanical/HVAC, Electrical, Ultra-Pure Water, Water Treatment and Reclamation, Industrial Waste, and Instrumentation/Automation and Controls.
- Troubleshoot errors, perform repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of equipment to maintain 100 percent manufacturing uptime.
- Conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Work performed within generally defined parameters.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Follow procedures.
- Use and understand hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- This is an on-site, 6 + month, part-time apprenticeship style internship
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Some degree of judgment and troubleshooting skill required in resolving nonstandard problems
- Willingness to work day/night shift and weekends to maintain minimum staffing for 24x7 operations, however, work schedules will be flexible to accommodate school schedule.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's or Ph.D. degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
- Candidate must be pursuing an Associates of Arts, Associates of Science, or similar Trade Degree in HVAC, Mechanical, Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical, Chemical/Chemistry, Microelectronics, Renewable Energy Technology, Environmental Technology, Water / Purification, Plumbing and Gas Fitting, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Industrial Process Operator, or related technical or STEM field.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.