Winter 2022-Spring 2023 Business Development Student (Apply via website - All States Welcomed)
Business Development Student
Are you sick of not hearing from “Internships”, getting coffee, doing small tasks, and not getting hands-on experience? Join Dim University; a free portfolio school focused on getting you the hands-on experience YOU want! Our program is designed to meet you where you are at and give YOU a chance in the industry of your dreams. Whether you are virtual, in-person, or hybrid. By the end of the program, you will have connected with people in your industry, built relationships, and created a strong portfolio to secure THE JOB YOU WANT!
- Even though this is a portfolio school; can I still get credit? Most likely yes, check with your supervisor at your institution
- Will I get hands-on experience? We are able to provide our students with hands-on experience because everything we create is to give back to future and current students in the community. Who better to create, inspire, and facilitate experiences than other students of life.
- How do I meet people in my dream career? By attending our career panels, workshops, and watching our content online.
- Is this a school or an internship? We technically do not consider our program an internship, but it provides similar and/or more experience than your average internship.
Are you fascinated by entrepreneurship and how businesses work and operate? Learn the behind the scenes of multiple businesses and create innovation in the beverage, content, and education industry. While being able to Actually use the work for your portfolio? Each program becomes a mini agency of students from all across the world (We have a hybrid program where remote students gain just as much experience as those students in the Chicagoland area) and all different skills come together to strategize and work on projects, that build Dim and client brands.
If you are the type of person who is looking for real-life experiences that help you and others learn, connect with career professionals, and create paths to get to your dream careers, then this is the program for you.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Job duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in developing new ways to build structure in a business
- Study each business and assess where there needs to be innovation
- Research companies to find innovation in operations, concepts, and financial gain
- Build relationships with staff and team members to learn the ins and outs of their job
Qualifications We'd Love You To Have:
- Student of life or college student (You do not need to be in college to be eligible)
- Willingness to learn
- Naturally creates structure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-Motivated (Very Important)
- Professional and polished
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Receptivity to Feedback
- Client Relations
- Gain the confidence you need to interview for roles you deserve
- Learn how to confidently network by telling your story
- Ability to understand and create a Storytelling strategy for a client
- Experience at least 3+ Client Meeting