Business Development Internship
Business Development Intern
The DEC Network
Hybrid - Remote / In-Person
Start Date: Mid-August 2022 (can be flexible)
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Supervision: Business Development Manager
Business Development Responsibilities
- Assist with Dallas Startup Week (DSW) 2022 follow up with each sponsor - (summary of data, attendees/segmentation/social media posts/sponsorship) recap of DSW22.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Fort Worth: attend weekly fundraising meetings with the team.
- Assist with GEW current fundraising spreadsheet, updates, pipeline of leads and revenue.
- Help with Associate Board meetings and other assigned projects as they arise
- Knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Possible cold calling for meetings
- Sales experience is helpful
- A team player attitude
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and take on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to work 12+ hours per week
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets is a plus
- Familiarity with AP Style is a plus
- Must be enrolled part- or full-time in an accredited university
- Must be in the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan Area
This is not a paid position.
About The DEC Network
The DEC Network is a non-profit organization that drives innovation and economic impact by helping entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their businesses.
With multiple innovation hubs across North Texas, we offer community, mentorship, and signature programs that provide connections and partnerships between startups, corporate innovators, and investors to accelerate innovation and funding.
- Innovation hubs across North Texas including The DEC@RedBird and The DEC@Common Desk.
- Signature programming that includes Dallas Startup Week, Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Dallas, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Fort Worth and various events across the Metroplex (note: all upcoming events will be virtual unless otherwise noted).
- Partnerships between investors, corporations, and startup organizations across the country, and our persistence to bring high-quality programming and new funding to our region.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.