Mining Engineer Summer Intern
Chemours is seeking a Mining Engineer Intern to join our Minerals Enterprise team! This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
As a Mining Engineer Intern, you will work closely with the Mining and Processing teams gaining valuable experience through hands-on projects at the mining and processing facilities. You will have exposure to real-time engineering work alongside other engineers and operations support staff to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
Effective engineering co-ops will have the ability to communicate with impact, have strong self-awareness, and will be naturally inquisitive.
Location: Jesup, GA
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: May - August 2023
Candidates must be able to commit to at least a total of six (6) months as a co-op. Two (2) or more terms may be required.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with experienced engineering professionals on safety, environmental, operational improvement, and expansion projects
- Rotating through functional minerals departments to gain exposure to all facets of minerals operations
- Participating in MSHA focused safety management activities and reviews
- Contributing to team meetings and conference calls
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mining Engineering, Geology, Mineral Processing, or similar fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
The following is preferred for this role:
- Participation in relevant activities, organizations, and projects beyond the classroom
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time internships only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible