Intake/Group Coordinator Intern
*This position is has been switched to In-person only*
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor the Intake Coordinator Intern will utilize person centered services to help persons served to engage in the partial care program as a means to integrate into the community to the greatest extent possible. He/she provides services consistent with the program’s goals and objectives. Implements evidence based practices and assures all services are focused on recovery and wellness.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of OMHC intake assessments.
- Facilitates the engagement and orientation process helping people to link to PC services
- Assist with coordination with outside providers and facilitates a smooth transition to the assigned providers
- Assists with intakes and orientation paperwork for admissions in OMHC, IOP/OP, PRP, other programs as needed
- Assists with client orientation and admittance process for OMHC, IOP/OP, PRP, other programs as needed.
- Assist the clinical team with screening and placing clients into different mental health/substance abuse groups
- Assist with updating and outreach for community resources for all programs that include the nearest shelters, substance abuse facilities, group homes, day programs, assisted living centers, etc., primarily in Prince George’s, Montgomery, Baltimore, Howard, Anne Arundel, Charles, St Mary’s, and Calvert County (add additional counties as needed)
- Assist with any other program as needed (Substance abuse, Intensive Outpatient Program IOP, Outpatient Program OP, Health Home, Supported Employment, etc)
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related area from a regionally accredited institution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and enforce regulations, policies and procedures
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, use effective time-management skills, and make decisions in accordance with office procedures
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff