Android Lead Developer
TravSolo is a planning app for solo travelers, where you can create your itinerary on the go, meet people while feeling safe and have a story to bring back home to tell. It helps people to solo travel much easier than ever.
We want every solo traveler to be able to plan their trip, meet people, and stay safe – all while sharing memories of their journey on the go.
It is an exciting time to join the TravSolo team as we continue to grow!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Android Developer will assist with our Android development effort for TravSolo. This person will help us build from scratch and replicate our innovative iOS app. We are looking for an individual who is:
• Passionate about traveling
• Eagerness to learn
• Wants to be part of a growing team
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
• Ability to work with supervision when needed
• NY resident is preferred
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Have a real impact on our customer’s lives. You’ll create a mobile experience that our customers use every single day to solo travel easier. Small improvements make a big difference here.
* Bring our existing app into the future. You’ll have the freedom to leverage the latest technologies and best practices in the Android world.
• 2+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of experience with react and node.js
• 2+ years of experience building apps with react-native
Fluency in both Java
• You strongly value automated testing and implements good testing practices
* Create dashboards, back-end systems, and database schemas
* Manage and maintain projects including refactoring and ensuring reliability
• Strong knowledge of the Android UI SDK and an eye for UX.
• Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
• Experience shipping multiple apps to the Google Play store
• Experience building for multiple device targets and locales
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• The ability to take existing design elements and use them to expand the product
• Good time management, with excellent communication skills
• Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) hours a week on a trial basis.
Let us inspire people to travel more together
This is a "get shit done" position, where you are allowed to fail, learn, repeat = hustle
Check us out:
Please check out our website for more information: travsolo.com