Customer Support Financial Engineer
- Drive, manage and support the customer on-boarding process.
- Provide Level I system support, including analyzing and researching issues reported by clients, identifying solutions and providing immediate support for system outages/service.
- Work with third party technology teams on system interfaces e.g. price feeds, trading buys and sells, cash and positions. Map the interfaces or work with internal programming team to solve any issues that arise.
- Review reconciliation reports, statements and other reports with the customer and resolve any system discrepancies or errors.
- Provide customer training, typically offsite using web conferencing.
- Make system configuration changes.
- Perform system upgrades.
- Escalate issues when they cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Potential growth into software development is offered, including initially: Bug review, corrections and patch implementation; Drive daily or weekly builds of system versions; Make front end code changes to address issues or to accommodate minor customization requests.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Exposure to accounting practices as well as background training in capital markets and securities trading operations is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Some programming knowledge in HTML, VB.NET or C#, Excel and MS SQL Server is an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills to make sound judgments and recommend creative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Ability to “multi-task” and manage several customer projects at one time.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or information technology.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Potential for full-time position