Business Leadership Summer 2022 Intern
This position is part of our college intern program. Internships are during the summer months. This internship is available for four-year college students the summer before their graduation date.
We will only be pursuing candidates who are currently authorized to work in the United States. We will not be pursuing candidates where Visa sponsorship is needed.
Responsibilities of this role include:
As a Business Leadership Intern, you will be matched to a business area and will lead a project, or portion of a project, to solve a real business problem. This may include:
- Researching and defining procedures and best practices
- Conducting financial analysis and/or cost justification studies
- Recommending and/or implementing process and quality improvement initiatives
- Establishing department processes and documentation
The projects you will lead are like those of a full-time associate and may vary each summer as they are relevant to the business needs of the organization. The internship focuses on hands-on experience, coaching from various leaders and building your professional network. Interns also participate in learning experiences to get to know Securian Financial, opportunities to share their work with peers and a community service project. Successful interns are considered for our full time Business Leadership Rotational Program following graduation.
- Successful track record in a four-year degree program.
- Proven project and people leadership skills which includes developing strategies for a group, motivating individuals, providing feedback and driving for results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including listening and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills to balance multiple projects and duties.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for approximately 1-4 hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.