Sports Thread Developmental Fall Training Program
Sports Thread, the first and only free social networking platform designed specifically for athletes to allow them to network to get to the next level – Think LinkedIn for sports. Sports Thread is partnered with 90 of the leading youth sports organizations in all sports for a total of over 900 thousand athletes who are coming onto the platform. Sports Thread is projected to have well over 1 million athletes on the platform by the end of 2021.
Sports Thread seeks talented individuals who have a passion for athletics and have the desire to get their foot in the door of the massive industry that is sports. This internship will focus on the cultivation and maintenance of strategic business relationships. This will be done through learning various sales and marketing techniques to create and foster a partnership in business. The internship is unpaid and can be taken either for class credit or work experience.
Sports Thread is a rapidly growing company and uses this internship as a way to find candidates for future employment.
Interns will develop the following skills:
· Conversational skills
· Overcoming an objection during a sale
· How to close a strategic business deal
· Researching capabilities
· Lead list creation and maintenance
· Effective content marketing and implementation.
· Developing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. for business growth and to reach target market segments.
· In app as well as direct SMS sales.
· Increasing and expanding brand awareness.
· Monitoring and analyzing social media data to reach essential business goals.
· SEO and its significance, social media marketing and business development.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic collegiate students.
• An interest in social media, social media marketing and business development.
• A passion for using social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills.
• Highly organized individuals.
The internship will be conducted on a semester or quarterly basis (depending on the school). Interns are expected to dedicate 4-8 hours a week for tasks assigned by Sports Thread. The internship is an independent study program and will be performed on the intern’s own schedule throughout the week.
Sports Thread is happy to provide necessary documentation to receive course credit for our internship. Requirements vary for each institution; it is the intern's responsibility to determine if this internship will count for credit at your school.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on Handshake or Email email@example.com to submit your resume.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
(Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit)
About Sports Thread Inc.
Sports Thread is the world's first and only free social networking platform designed specifically for athletes to allow them to connect with their athletic community and get to the next level -- Think LinkedIn for Sports. Sports Thread launched its platform one year ago and has since partnered with 90 of the leading youth sports organizations including, National Travel Basketball Association, Adidas National Soccer Showcase, Washington Youth Sports, Colorado Rush Soccer, North American Youth Sports, Nations Baseball, D1 Fastpitch, and many more.