Associate Dean of Nursing, R20050B
Associate Dean of Nursing, R20050B
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: R20050B
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
The Associate Dean of Nursing supports the delivery of instruction and student success by directly overseeing the instructional, fiscal and personnel operations of the nursing program and its components: an associate degree in nursing (ADN) program; a post-licensure baccalaureate in nursing (RN-BSN) program; continuing nursing education (CNE), which includes registered nurse refresher (RNR), as well as short courses; and, a nursing assistant, certified (NAC) program within the Health Sciences, Education, and Wellness Institute (HSEWI), Instructional Division.
The Associate Dean has budgetary authority and responsibility, recruiting and hiring of part-time faculty responsibility and is responsible for maintaining currency of curriculum in alignment with the Washington State Department of Health, program accreditation, and college requirements.
The Associate Dean of Nursing works closely with program chairs, faculty, and staff to achieve instructional goals. The Associate Dean also works closely with campus stakeholders, such as Basic and Transitional Studies (BATS), Student Affairs, Workforce Education, and the Office of International Education and Global Initiatives to implement new and continuing program initiatives, such as international clinical experiences and exchanges.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGESalary range begins at $102,000 annually with an additional stipend of $25,000 added to the annual salary. The additional stipend is dependent upon continued high demand state funding for nursing programs.Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components which is equivalent to about 30% of the salary. A Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to the Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGEBellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute is composed of fourteen unique programs which address critical workforce needs in the region and nation. Each program focuses on providing education and training for professions in healthcare, education, and wellness. Our main office is located on the Bellevue College main campus in T208, with the exception of the Wellness Center located in G100.
• Coordinate the development of vision and goals for nursing in alignment with divisional, academic and college annual priorities.
• Engage in team and consensus building among faculty and staff.
• Develop a collaborative climate for fulfilling program, division, and college objectives.
• Represent nursing to the College, accrediting bodies, nursing commission, and community partners such as Washington Department of Health, Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission; and the Council on Nursing Education in Washington State (CNEWS) events. Serve, as appropriate, on task forces or advisory boards to benefit nursing programs.
Curriculum oversight for all programs
• Support curriculum development for the maintenance of curriculum currency and relevancy.
• Monitor faculty currency in curricular expertise.
• Establish quarterly course schedules to optimize efficiencies and fulfill student need
• Direct and oversee recruiting, hiring, onboarding, mentoring, supervising, evaluating, and disciplining of faculty and staff within nursing department.
• Observe and evaluate nursing tenure candidates.
• Evaluate direct reports; participate in evaluation of other staff.
• Effectively support conflict resolution between team members including students, staff and/or faculty.
• Support college resources (i.e., DRC, MCS, Title IX, CARE Team. Trio) in the implementation of their support of students.
Manage Nursing Resources and budget
• Establish and monitor resource priorities, allocations and protocols and ensure budget compliance.
• Establish and monitor enrollment management to achieve maximum efficiency in revenue generation.
• Provide reports for space allocation planning for programmatic needs and mission fulfillment.
• Support opportunities for faculty and staff to maintain currency in matters of educational equity and cultural competency through such events as Professional Development, Division Retreats, and Workshops.
• Monitor the diversity of faculty and staff and oversees endeavors to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
• Recruit community partners for experiential learning resources, program advisory committees, student mentoring programs, etc. Recruits membership for the BC Nursing Advisory Council.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Nursing from a Nursing education program accredited by a national Nursing education accreditation AND a doctoral degree either in Nursing or health related educational field from an accredited institution; OR A doctoral degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by a national Nursing accreditation.
• Preparation in education that includes teaching adults, adult learning theory, teaching methods, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation, or two (2) years of teaching experience in Nursing education that demonstrates this type of preparation.
• Preparation or experience in Nursing administration or educational administration/leadership.
• Five (5) years of experience as a registered nurse including two (2) years of experience in Nursing education.
• Current, unencumbered RN licensure in WA State at the time of hire.
• Experience supporting student success and retention.
• Experience addressing disproportionate impact and equity issues in academic or healthcare environment.
• Effective communication, problem-solving, organization, and conflict-management skills.
• Experience bringing people of diverse backgrounds into an effective, cohesive, and inclusive team.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Experience with fiscal management and budgeting.
• Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential.
• Experience and/or familiarity with the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Accreditation (CNEA), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and Washington State Nursing Quality Care Assurance Commission (NQCAC).
• Experience teaching, developing, and/or implementing simulation scenarios for nursing education.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 04/04/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.Background Check:Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.How To Apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2176512
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.