2022 Corporate & Investment Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program
Spend your summer working alongside the top professionals in the business to come up with solutions that shape the global economy. Our bankers are focused on long-term relationships and developing strategies that help our government, institutional and corporate clients grow and innovate. We do this by providing sound advice, helping them access funds and making connections, all while helping clients manage the many risks in today’s complex environment.
Our industry and product teams work together to develop and execute strategies that help our clients grow and achieve their objectives in today’s global markets. Our industry and product teams include: Consumer & Retail, Corporate Finance Advisory, Diversified Industries, Energy, Equity Capital Markets, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Healthcare, Investment Grade Finance, Latin America Advisory, Leveraged Finance, Media & Communications, Mergers & Acquisitions, Public Finance, Real Estate Gaming & Lodging, Regional Investment Banking, and Technology.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll give you what you need to succeed from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
Our nine-week program kicks off with five days of orientation and training, giving you technical and practical skills. Top performers may receive a full-time job offer at the end of the summer.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Analyzing market data, building detailed financial models and preparing client presentations for mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and capital markets advisory
• Managing client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of our senior leaders
• Coming up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges
• Learning how we help clients and communities grow, no matter their needs
• Sharpening your technical skills
• Building your professional network with mentors, senior executives and others
Locations and groups you may join:
• New York City: All groups (minus Latin America Advisory, please apply separately)
• Chicago: Diversified Industries
• Dallas: Consumer & Retail
• Houston: Energy (Oil & Gas)
• San Francisco: Equity Capital Markets, Healthcare, Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology
If you've got initiative and the vision to come up with strategies and plans, then this is the role for you.
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative work environment
• Being adaptable, flexible and resilient
• Knowing your way around Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Fluency in English
• Coursework in finance or economics a plus
• Attend college/university in the U.S.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale is preferred
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and Spring 2023
• To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform. pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of pymetrics, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Both pymetrics and HireVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran