Temporary COVID Vaccine Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Services & Financial Assistance and the Manager of Patient Services. The COVID Vaccine Coordinator is responsible for providing exemplary customer service, documentation, appointment scheduling, audit procedures, including Saturdays as required. There will be some remote work and on-site work. The COVID Vaccine Coordinator is responsible for the completion of various billing services. This is a temporary, 37.5 hour per week position expected to last approximately 6 months.
1. Provide excellent customer service
- Answer each phone call in a cheerful and professional manner
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintains detailed and accurate records
- Provide clients with correct and accurate information regarding Covid Vaccine services
- Refer unusual or difficult situations to supervisor
- At all times maintain patient confidentiality, speak in quiet tones at the desk with colleagues and clients and behave appropriately for a highly visible position
- Be discrete when obtaining sensitive information from clients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
2. Schedule appointments according to established procedures
- Schedule appointments according to Covid procedures and Phase
3. Meets agency participatory expectation
4. Performs other related job duties as required
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent.
- Computer experience required
- Successful customer service background strongly preferred
- Previous experience in healthcare or medical office administration preferred
- Previous experience in Call Centers preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledge of business procedures desired
- Willingness to work with a diverse patient population including gay men, lesbians, seniors, students and others
- Calm, patient, flexible and understanding manner
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse work staff preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.