Hiring Wage: $20.40/hr
Status: Full-time with benefits
Closing Date: Until Filled
Application Materials: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
About Us: Ada County is a rewarding place to work. As an Ada County employee, you will serve in your communities, contributing to making Ada County a great place to live. Ada County employees are given opportunities for advancement and career growth as well as a generous Benefits Package for benefit-eligible employees including paid parental leave, competitive health, dental, and vision insurance, PERSI retirement plan, and much more.
Performs many functions of the restitution program, carries out all related duties in the absence of the Restitution Administrator; assists in implementing new restitution programs; involved in completion of yearly collection goals, when necessary acts as liaison between victims of crime and prosecuting attorneys; and performs related duties as required. The position is located in the Ada County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, Restitution Unit.
· Evaluates each case filed for victims and their monetary loss;
· Assists in developing and administering improvements in the restitution program;
· Collects, evaluates, and prepares reports to the Court and others on restitution cases;
· Establishes record keeping activities on each account;
· Interviews crime victims in a respectful and sensitive manner;
· Educates all victims on the financial resources available to them i.e. restitution and victims compensation;
· Assists victims of non-violent crimes through the criminal justice system;
· Establishes inter-agency relationships, works closely with local law enforcement agencies on property disposals;
· Makes loss amounts available to probation staff, Prosecutor, Public Defender, Pre-sentence Investigator and Court in a timely manner;
· Assesses the need for contact with a victim on a case by case basis; and
· Ensures the timely return of seized property.
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· A minimum typing speed of 60 WPM;
· Must have a background in the dealing with victims of crime and demonstrate competence;
· Thorough knowledge of criminal justice system;
· Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures in maintaining and controlling extensive record management systems;
· Thorough knowledge of laws relating to court records and practices;
· Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, collections and property search and seizure law;
· Thorough knowledge of restitution laws, process and procedures;
· General knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling; and business math;
· Skill in communicating with culturally diverse populations;
· Skill in developing trust, confidence, and cooperation of persons;
· Skill in the peaceful resolution of conflict and the diffusion of tense situations;
· Ability to properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations and policies;
· Ability to prepare reports that present the conclusions and supporting data in a clear and concise manner;
· Ability to utilize computer skills to perform related duties, and as required, to assist maintaining computer records of restitution information;
· Ability to keep accurate records; and
· Ability to perform duties with the established time frames.
· The incumbent is subject to a criminal records check and fingerprinting;
· The incumbent is expected to adhere to the Code of Ethics for the legal profession;
· The incumbent will work closely with law enforcement and court personnel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
· May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
· Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
Employee Benefits: Ada County recognizes that employees are our most valuable asset. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to benefit-eligible employees designed to support the health, wellness, and long-term financial stability of our employees and their families. Visit us at adacounty.id.gov/Human-Resources/Employee-Benefits to view details regarding our benefits package, including: paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, and more!