Administrative Assistant - Drug Court
Hiring Wage: $13.90/hr
Status: Part time with benefits
Closing Date: Until Filled
Application Materials: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
About Us: Ada County is a rewarding place to work. As an Ada County employee, you will serve in your communities, contributing to making Ada County a great place to live. Ada County employees are given opportunities for advancement and career growth as well as a generous Benefits Package for benefit-eligible employees including paid parental leave, competitive health, dental, and vision insurance, PERSI retirement plan, and much more.
Works closely with the Drug Court counseling staff, Drug Court participants, and the Drug Court Coordinator. Will perform typing, filing, secretarial, and varied administrative tasks; will perform other related work as assigned.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The work requires the exercise of good judgment in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters. The employee must be innovative and alert to new and better ways to accomplish the work of the office.
This position operates 30 hours per week from 11:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday with a potential rotating Saturday shift.
· Greets program participants and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and acts as receptionist;
· Screens incoming telephone calls, answer callers’ questions, take messages, and/or redirect calls;
· Opens, sorts, and distributes mail;
· Files, indexes, and processes office records, legal documents and related materials;
· Prepares and types requests for the purchase of supplies;
· Enters data in the computer system;
· Composes correspondence in accordance with established procedures;
· Prepares and handles correspondence of a sensitive and confidential nature;
· Types correspondence, forms, labels, and miscellaneous documents; and
· Maintains logs and other records.
· Occasionally will observe program participants’ urine drug tests;
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· Previous clerical experience preferred;
· Knowledge of personal computers and word processing;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, e-mail, data-entry software, and other office-related computer software;
· Knowledge of business English grammar, spelling and punctuation and math;
· Knowledge of proper telephone and office etiquette;
· Skill in operation of various office machines, such as fax machine, calculators, copiers, computer printers, scanners, etc.;
· Skill in communicating with a culturally diverse and manipulative populations;
· Ability to type accurately at a good rate of speed;
· Ability to develop, prepare and maintain accurate records and files;
· Ability to compose letters, memos, etc., from written and verbal instructions;
· Ability to create and prepare written statistical reports;
· Ability to research and organize data;
· Ability to follow verbal and written directions;
· Ability to establish and maintain and effective working relationship with Drug Court personnel and the public;
· Ability to deal with confidential information in a responsible manner; and
· Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
· The incumbent is subject to a criminal records check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
· May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
· Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
Employee Benefits: Ada County recognizes that employees are our most valuable asset. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to benefit-eligible employees designed to support the health, wellness, and long-term financial stability of our employees and their families. Visit us at adacounty.id.gov/Human-Resources/Employee-Benefits to view details regarding our benefits package, including: paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, and more!