Administrative Specialist - Juvenile Front Counter
Hiring Wage: $15.45 - $16.50/hr DOE
Status: Full-time with benefits
Closing Date: September 25, 2021
Application Materials: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
About Us: Ada County is a rewarding place to work. As an Ada County employee, you will serve in your communities, contributing to making Ada County a great place to live. Ada County employees are given opportunities for advancement and career growth as well as a generous Benefits Package for benefit-eligible employees including paid parental leave, competitive health, dental, and vision insurance, PERSI retirement plan, and much more.
The Administrative Specialist performs administrative and support functions related to the juvenile court system. This position serves as the initial point of contact in assisting juveniles and their families during the court check in process as well as responding to general inquires related to court paperwork, processes, and Probation and Program services. The incumbent is responsible for answering and transferring phone calls, processing payments, and instructing the public to insure compliance with out of court proceedings. This position is located at Ada County Juvenile Court Services.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The Administrative Specialist performs routine administrative functions which require a broad working knowledge of the court system. The incumbent works under general supervision and completes job assignments according to established guidelines.
· Greets visitors and clientele;
· Answers multiple phone lines, screens calls, and redirects to appropriate persons;
· Responds to routine questions and refers non-routine questions to appropriate persons;
· Collects money over the counter;
· Provides and obtains essential paperwork for various divisions of ACJCS;
· Sorts and distributes mail;
· Receives building deliveries;
· Performs data entry;
· Provides school excuses to clientele;
· Maintains and orders office supplies;
· Receives items for juveniles in Detention;
· Operates office equipment;
· Balances receipts and cash incoming on a daily basis.
· Cross train in other administrative support areas;
· Supports other office and department staff as needed;
· Performs related functions as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· Knowledge of legal procedures, documents, and terminology preferred;
· Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
· Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic;
· Skill in the operation of a personal computer;
· Skill in the operation of multiple phone lines;
· Ability to provide excellent customer service;
· Ability to handle money accurately and make proper change;
· Ability to deal with the general public in a professional and courteous manner;
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions;
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality;
· Ability to work independently and as a team player;
· Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Work Environment & Physical Demands:
· May be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds;
· Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
· Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, to permit the employee to function in a general office environment and accomplish tasks.
Employee Benefits: Ada County recognizes that employees are our most valuable asset. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to benefit-eligible employees designed to support the health, wellness, and long-term financial stability of our employees and their families. Visit us at adacounty.id.gov/Human-Resources/Employee-Benefits to view details regarding our benefits package, including: paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, and more!