Director of Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
JOB SUMMARY: Sycamores provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth.
This is a management level position responsible for coordinating and executing the budget process (capital and operating), financial analysis, cost accounting, and decision support functions for Sycamores. This position will develop reports/information products and provide analysis that supports organizational decision making through high-level analysis, reporting, research, and effective use of data generated from various sources. This position will work as part of a team on projects that relate to financial planning and analysis, risk assessment, revenue forecasting, and operational excellence. This position will be involved in all areas of recruiting, hiring, assigning, and supervising employees, utilizing data, forecasting, and developing program structures and processes to assure efficient operations and sound outcomes. This position will be called on to work collaboratively with other Managers as well as with Executive level staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or 10+ years of relevant experience
· 3-5 years progressively responsible financial experience including: Financial Statement prep, benchmarking, reimbursement, cost accounting, and budgeting/forecasting.
· Healthcare experience preferred.
· Must have skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse backgrounds
· Ability to structure the work, manage the process, drive the right set of analyses, and communicate the answer through a compelling storyline.
· Ability to clearly and concisely present findings to multiple levels of management
· Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
· Analyze, review, and recommend annual and ongoing staffing plans and structure.
· Recruit and select staff according to departmental plans.
· Develop and evaluate departmental orientation and training.
· Asses departmental employee skills
· Develop training, supervision and coaching structures and plans.
· Develop goals for the department or work unit.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug, and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
Due to the direct contact we have with vulnerable populations, services we perform in the community, relevant CDPH orders, and CDC guidance, Sycamores mandates COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, employees are required to (i) have a COVID- 19 vaccine which is authorized for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization by the first day of work OR (ii) obtain a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief. To request an accommodation, please notify Deon Johnson at email@example.com. All offers of employment are conditioned on satisfying one of above. No inquiries of vaccination status will be made until after a conditional offer of employment has been extended. Sycamores prohibits discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristic, including disability, perceived disability, or religion. Sycamores will not retaliate against any employee or candidate for requesting a reasonable accommodation pursuant to this policy.